girlfriend

Fisher's got a girlfriend, and I'd tell you who she is if he knew her name . . .
We visited a church this weekend (see:revival) where the only child that didn't go into the main service with us was Fisher. When he came out of nursery he said "I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!"
When asked her name he said " I Don't Know, She Big"
(I suppose I need to teach him that later in life, calling his one and only love BIG isn't going to win him points)
He then asked " Can we go there EVERYDAY?" and said "And we not getting her flowers!"(very adamantly as if I, had suggested we bring her a bouquet), "I giving her a fountain--like your honey one momma!"
In this instant two things became clear to me-
  1. he intended to give his new love MY fountain
  2. HE was the culprit who kept sneaking the thing on when I wasn't looking.

Obviously he's quite fond of the thing...I didn't have the heart to tell him that the broken clay vessels aren't meant to be honey pots, because after all, there's no reason they couldn't have honey in them.

Like any man with a plan, he also told us that he had "accidentally" left his Bible and needed to go back and get it.

Sure.

Right.

"ACCIDENTALLY"

My Foot.

But it worked,

we will go back

At least for the book.

And

maybe

her

name.

Search This Blog