100 things

Technically this isn't my 100th post- I've been doing this for sometime and passed the 100th mark many, many rants ago- but I threw a lot into "the Abyss" and had to start over- gave myself a clean slate, ya see? And according to my dashboard, I've actually got some 107-odd posts to my credit- some of which are "private drafts" as yet to be released to the public ;o)

But according to the count , this post is 100 in a manner of counting and so I offer the traditional 100 random items about yours truly and the life that surrounds me... I will probably stretch the numbers A LOT as I can't think of 10 things to list, much less 100

Here goes anyway:

  1. My name is Kelly Lynn
  2. My maiden name is Carnes
  3. My married name is Brewer
  4. I just go by momma or "hey, you" most of the time
  5. I was once bestowed the nickname Killer
  6. And also Fred
  7. But in general most people shorten my name to Kel
  8. I hated being rhymed with Jelly and Belly growing up- but now they are famous gourmet beans and it's water under the bridge
  9. I don't like the connotations associated with beans either
  10. I have moved more times than I can count- once a year is an average
  11. I am 27
  12. Currently, I live in Savannah,GA a.k.a. savaNINEVAH
  13. It's best I don't explain that but I have more in common with Jonah than I'd care to admit
  14. Only, I would actually welcome the Big Fish with arms wide open
  15. I remember a time when the biggest goal in my life was to own a DUNCAN Butterfly Yo-Yo
  16. I used to want to be a Clown when I grew up
  17. People laughed at me
  18. That's funny isn't it? But totally true... I changed my "when I grow up" to something that people wouldn't laugh at
  19. People at that time were mostly cousins my own age - PEER PRESSURE, eh?
  20. I have tasted many types of school life- Home School, tiny fundamental christian school, pentecostal school, public school and satelite school
  21. I was the only SR to graduate in my class
  22. I was the only SR in my class
  23. My SR SKIP DAY involved a sombrero and Greek food
  24. And Edward Scissorhands
  25. I have three children who make this life a joy
  26. Even when they are misbehaving
  27. Chandler is 7
  28. Logan is 6
  29. Fisher is 4
  30. currently they Homeschool
  31. which makes me their "teacher"
  32. I worry about that
  33. I come from a family of 4
  34. I am the oldest
  35. this lead to much empathy for guinea pigs everywhere
  36. My anniversary is in February
  37. I look forward to that day more than Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter
  38. I used to ride the school bus
  39. Once my neighbor, brother and I were put off the bus and then walked all the way home ( a mile or 2)
  40. The bus driver got in trouble for that
  41. We use to tease my mom about her nightblindness
  42. Now I have a touch of it myself and it isn't funny
  43. One night she spotted "horses" on the side of the road-- yeah right, mom
  44. That night we helped corral 3 loose horses from the side of the highway back into their owner's trailer
  45. The first horror movie I ever saw was OPEN HOUSE
  46. I saw it with a school group in a hotel on an overnight field trip
  47. That school didn't believe in watching t.v. and made us all unplug them at check in
  48. Our chapherone plugged ours back in
  49. Whenever the ice cream man came to our neighborhood, I would get a SCREWBALL with the piece of gum at the bottom or this other sherbet thing they don't make anymore
  50. Baskin Robbins is where we got our ice cream back in the day
  51. My favorites were Rainbow Sherbet, Chocolate Peanut BUtter, Strawberry Cheesecake and Mint Chocolate Chip
  52. I have been married almost 10 years
  53. It seems both longer and shorter than that in hindsight
  54. One of my first friends was Julia Jackson
  55. She saved her band-aids
  56. My first boyfriend was Adam Forgot-His-Last-Name
  57. He was an older man- First Grader!
  58. I have lived in 4 states
  59. Georgia
  60. South Carolina
  61. Florida
  62. Kentucky
  63. I liked Florida best and South Carolina equally
  64. I have visited / attended churches with all sorts of labels
  65. Nazarene
  66. Wesleyan
  67. Baptist (southern)
  68. Baptist (Independant)
  69. Christian Alliance
  70. Community
  71. Non Denomination
  72. Methodist
  73. Presbyterian
  74. My favorite church experience is probably FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF MANDARIN
  75. I am "white"
  76. They were not
  77. My friend Sarah spoke in tounges during chapel one day
  78. We were in the third grade
  79. I still don't know what I think about all of that
  80. I believe in doing nice things for people and then keeping it a secret
  81. I believe in being sober
  82. I believe in being kind and also sacrificial
  83. I believe in being still
  84. I like to read
  85. I learned how to crotchet
  86. I love NPR (mostly)
  87. I am pretty much a senior citizen on the inside
  88. I am a real life pirate-I plunder
  89. I like dark chocolate
  90. I have "flown" an airplane around the statue of liberty
  91. I love the whole wide world
  92. I can hate it just as passionately some days
  93. I have a scar on my left knee from a kiddie pool incident when I was 10
  94. I have "beauty mark" moles on my cheek, lip and chin
  95. I have learned to embrace them, though I am glad they aren't larger
  96. I used to could only find my name in the "boys" section of the baby name books. it bothered me
  97. I graduated in this year ('97)
  98. I married in this one
  99. I became a momma in this one
  100. I have the tendency to become addicted- so I focus on benign factors- like Diet Coke

Wow, that went faster than I thought. I guess we all like to share ourselves and the things about us that make us "US" with other people. Hope you weren't too bored...

Search This Blog