PaintedPup

My phone went totally and completely blank the other day which is a bad thing when you are me, who hasn't memorized any one's number because I rely solely on my contacts list. I was unable to call anyone at all, even my mom; my phone had been reduced to a handy flash light at best. Believe it or not, other people need to contact me from time to time and the other day was one of those days- so I had to replace my phone and while I am excited to have a new phone
(krazr k1-woot!) this story is not really about phones at all.
As I am standing at the counter in this phone store, a very large and old Golden Retriever came lumbering from the stock room. This dog has reached the stage in life where walking from room to room is the extent of excitement it's heart can stand. And so it just lay there in the sunlit window, watching my bouncing four year old wearily.
I had begun to talk with the sales man at this point ( of course- no child of mine ever wants my attention UNLESS I am trying to have a conversation with someone who is not them) when Fisher repeatedly interrupts me saying " Look at Maddox, momma!" A lady had already told him that the dog's name is Sandy but he was insistent... the more attention that was drawn to the fact that this dog was not Maddox, the more he insisted that is exactly who this dog was.
(I should explain that Maddox is a puppy that we once loved but had to find a new home for.)

Here is his picture:


And this is what Sandy looks like: ( not actually Sandy, but pretty close):


SEE THE RESEMBLANCE?

Me Neither.

But I shall set you on the straight and narrow, just as Fisher set me on the right path:


" It IS the same dog, they just spray painted it! "
Elementary!

Search This Blog