melting

i prayed a prayer not too long ago that simply went like this: "Melt me, melt my cold heart and help me to feel again."

Then like the sweating of a great block of ice in the desert, the crying jags began. More than frequent and in public places, I couldn't dam my eyes though I tried.

I laughed through tears, understanding that I was, indeed, melting.

When I thought " I'm Melting" I thought too, of the Wicked Witch who cried those same words when she was doused with water.
I thought of MY own wicked witch, within.
I smiled some more, though I was still crying quite a bit, for I thought "My wicked witch is melting away, thanks to all this watering."

I then began to emit impurities, like silver in a refinery. I pointed fingers and named names and it all burned to ashes. I felt lighter of my burden than I had in some time and like fine silver, I allowed myself to see it all as added value to my worth.

I don't know where I am headed, or what is over the next hill, but I am reminded time and again- every single day- that I am not walking alone. I am with someone who knows the way.

And like a snowman melting in July, I will roll on with the fluidity of water 'neath my feet, until I've reached my Destination.

Search This Blog