twilight

Not mine, but Yours, today (and everyday)...

Your Words
Your Thoughts
Your Actions
Your Strength
Your Calm In The Storm

...because mine is faulty and unreliable, at best.
I am clinging to the arms of your Cross today and I won't let go-- You'll have to pry me off if You won't have me. I've thrown away the notion of the hem of Your garment, instead I've got You by the ankle and I won't let go--You'll have to kick me like dust from Your shoes. I'll hang on though You drag me through the crowd, though my skin is scraped and burned and when You finally look down at me and ask "Why should I help a dog such as you?" I will answer honestly that I don't know... but I won't let go. And when You send me alone back to Ninevah, back to proclaim You to the masses, to my family and friends, I will disobey out of loyalty and love. And also out of fear. If You want me there, You will have to hold my hand and walk me in and stay with me all the while. And if You don't, I'll just lay at Your doorstep until I perish...I'll follow You when you rise and stand guard should You choose to sleep. If You should venture into Hell, we'll go together and if You take flight, I'll be under Your wing. I will be stubborn if it is called for. Should You fling me from your Cross, still I'd persist because what is there left to lose? I will turn Your lovely face towards my muddied own and I will meet Your gaze and You will change Your mind. I won't leave until You do. I cannot live my life without You. And I will not.

I'm with you.

Search This Blog