Easy Bake

Due to some recent modifications at our house, we are currently sans oven. Nothing has been baked or boiled, pan fried or broiled since we switched from gas to electric and then got sidetracked before replacing the stove.

As the "domestic engineer" responsible for making sure my brood gets 3 squares and at least 2 snacks a day, being reduced to microwave and griddle cooking alone just wasn't cutting it. (The George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine didn't make for many more menu options either)
So I got a toaster oven, a.k.a. the Adult's Easy Bake Oven

And then, I got stressed.

Since I had already cleaned the house from top to bottom, my only (legal) remaining coping mechanism was to bake... my lack of legitimate oven be darned.
I made Banana Bread first...
Momma always said " Life is like a bunch of spotty bananas..."

No, wait that was someone else...
She always said " If life gives you brown bananas, make a loaf of banana bread (or cake)"
So I did (two loaves, actually):


And then, Peach Cobbler:

And UnBirthday Cake ( plus a dozen matching cupcakes, not pictured)


It was nearly 4 before I turned in, but less stressed and with the comfy aroma of "Just Baked" keeping watch over the house.
The crew had plenty to eat in the morning, too.
I just wanted a record, that's all. No other point to this post, except to say " I did this thing, it was kind of interesting to see what all could be commanded from such a small oven, and here are some pictures, ain't ya proud of me? "
Well, Ain't Ya?

Search This Blog