Day2, Part 2


12/28/2007

Day 2, Part 2

We stayed at the Garden Inn

(gotta earn those HHonors points!)

and stopped there after our beach stroll to freshen up

(and take a quick cat nap)


Windblown Beach Bums
I guess the nap was very much in order because (and I'm sure you'll be able to see where I'm coming from here, just not "WHY") I rather thought the light fixtures looked as if they were decorated with squirrels. And I also thought that perhaps they were worshipping a giant acorn, or more honestly, a carrot- but that didn't make much sense so I settled on acorn:
see it?

Another small bit of trivia I noted during our stay was that the curtain rods, shaped like arrows, pointed in different directions on different floors. On the fifth floor, they faced away from each other, but on the second floor they faced point to point. Imagine every possible combination- divide that by six floors and you have yourself a mini scavenger hunt!

5th floor

After a little regrouping, we took a scenic drive out past Guana Tolomato to look at twisty trees and witness a(nother) beautiful sunset.




By now, it was time for dinner- we chose Sierra Grill, naturally.



There are plenty of "fast food" chains out there that claim vested interests in quality ingredients and quality food. Some deliver, some don't.



Sierra is one that definitely delivers.


Undoubtedly, my favorite thing at Sierra Grill is the Salsa Bar. If any of our local 'average fare' Mexican/southwestern restaurants would employ this idea, they'd buy my loyalty instantly.




With the sun already set and bellies full of good food, it was time for another siesta at the hotel til morning.

Stay Tuned for Day 3!

Search This Blog