InLaw Anniversary


Charley, Sandra, Charlie, originally uploaded by kellybrewer.

Charlie and Sandra celebrated 38 years of marriage with the whole brood the other night. Rob & Andrea, Taylor & Austin just happened to be in town for the 4th of July week and Tyler is down visiting his grandparents for the month- so everyone was accounted for.

I had never been to Charley's but had watched it be transformed from house to restaurant when we were living nearer Tybee Island.

I had seen a few of the ads put out promoting Charley's as a fine dining establishment that would even come to fetch you in their house limo, should you so desire (and have the nickles to pay for it)

I wasn't holding my breath to be honest. It's Tybee, ya know?

I was pleasantly surprised though. Inside was warm and inviting. The tables set nicely and the walls covered with art by local artists.

The dinner was also exceptional, though I only had a "veggies and sides" plate, everyone gave it thumbs up ( except Austin who said the duck tasted like pure honey... this isn't a reflection on the food however, just Austin's preference (or not) of waterfowl for dinner.

It was a nice little get together, considering all the potential landmines we had gathered at one table. I was proud of all of us for behaving so well.

Charlie, my father in law, is still dwelling in the land of mourning for his mother, who passed away last week. I enjoyed watching him enjoy the life and the living amongst us with that special appreciation found amongst those who have tasted loss. He has always loved his grand kids deeply, but this night it showed even more so, and I love little moments like that.

I enjoyed also, hearing stories about my Charming when he was young. We are definitely reaping a lot of what the boy sowed! And he is more than lucky to be alive - he's been preserved, reserved and safeguarded ( a zillion times over if you count all the known times from then to now :) I think it may be just a tad more than coincidence... like Someone may just have a plan for him.

Very few pictures were taken because people have begun to hide from me at family gatherings all of a sudden :) Well, that and the lighting was dim. The flash was a must, but also a tool to blind one's enemies with...I should stop there before I try to be funny.

38 years is a long time to put up with someone else... only one thing is strong enough to help folks put up that kind of fight--which must be why Charley gave Charlie & Sandra a complimentary bottle of champagne ;o)
~winkwink

CHARLEY's SLIDEshow

Search This Blog