Sunday & BedJump

On Sunday of Chandler's Birthday Adventure, some of Clay's friends brought their sons for a little Father/Son Falcon game... (oh, and to talk a little business of course!) While the men chatted before the game, I played Mother Goose and took the 6 children to the game room,
(20 bucks in quarters spends FAST in there!) the fitness room, and for a walk along Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta. The 2 day walk for breast cancer was just winding down and there were pink boas and cheering supporters everywhere. There was also one very public breast feeding woman which is a longer story for later ...
(imagine --I have 5 boys in tow... this was no small matter!)
We went in to Carvel and I tell the guy, " I got 20 bucks and 6 kids, how can you help me?" He was very helpful and nice as he let each kid pick a flavor and cup or cone... my total came to $19.73 :) He was so gracious and even offered me a cone free of charge, which I declined to return the graciousness. Service like that deserves a mention (and all my change for a tip, I should add :)

Shortly after we got all the sticky ice cream cleaned off hands and mouths, the guys were ready to head for the game... a special tour of locker rooms and such had been arranged. Funniest dynamic in my mind had to be that one of the fellas in attendance, Derrick, has been approached by the opposing team, KC Chiefs, for a job... he used to be a Falcon, he's sitting in the GA Dome, all his pals are pulling for Atlanta, but he's decked out in Chiefs gear; this welcomes much disparagement throughout the game from surrounding Falcons' fans. Fortunately, Derrick isn't someone you'd try and punch, so they made a peaceful getaway after the Falcons pulverized the Chiefs...still, I'm glad I wasn't there.

While they were watching the game, I was assembling Chandler's birthday cake... I had made the layers in advance and brought everything else for assembly and decorating in a duffel bag. It was an absolute mess, but worth it to see Chandler's reaction on his Birthday. See following post for these pictures.

Apparently, there was more business to tackle post football game, for just as I had cleaned the last dish from my cake making party, i heard kids voices in the hall of the twelfth floor...the boys had been sent to hang out with momma/miss kelly while the men finalized some stuff... we spent some time watching t.v., playing on the internet and running around the parking deck... then I remembered BedJump.com.... bad babysitting? sure... fun? Oh Yeah!



VIEW AS SLIDESHOW

Search This Blog