HITORY PROJECT: Made In His Image

In (Mystery of) History, we began to discuss Creation and the design of man.  The project  was to "create" our own little people out of clay. Using Crayola Air Dry Clay, we each sculpted a "Mini-Mee" of sorts, as we contemplated the great care that went into our very design. We were also challenged to create a new animal from scratch... one that no one has ever heard of before, in the same manner that all animals were first dreamed up. Everyone got REAL creative here, not to mention MESSY! .
CHANDLER & his creature:
LOGAN & her creature
FISHER & his creature
This was a great discussion builder and personally gave me a whole new attitude about those little "flaws" I seem to notice about myself.
When I was "creating" my little Mee, there weren't any flaws... it was just the way she turned out and I liked each small detail that made my sculpture unique. I have not worked with clay a lot in this manner before, but I have always wanted to (I have always wanted a potter's wheel too!) I sincerely plan to seek out classes in clay/pottery in the future... as you will see, I got pretty invested in finishing my Mee, long after the children had moved on to bigger and better things...

My Creature (a hummingbee!) & Myself (lumps and all!):


Search This Blog