BOB Made Me?!

Rye All Ready For Church
Awhile back, I happened across this post regarding the old school tradition of catechizing children (big fan of that here at Aletheia!)
If you click over, you'll find a link to songs designed to help teach even the little tykes responses to catechism questions, as well as a printable checklist of catechism questions

What I liked most about this article & printout, in contrast to the other materials we have used in the past, is the inclusion of tots... 

Rye will be 2 in November and we are already beginning to teach her. 

She can respond properly, and she has, but lately she has begun to tap into her sense of humor and has learned how to be...um, precocious about various things. 
Including Question #1. 

(She feels no need to be sassy about "What does the letter A say?" I guess theology has an affect on us all, no?)

The child knows she's funny and has already learned to play into that...(Heaven help us)

Sometimes I ask her "Who made you?" and she just grins and shakes her head "no" to engage a little tug-of-war before offering the correct response "God made me!"... but the other day, after I asked her, she paused a moment before declaring
 "BOB! Bob made me!" 

And she laughed. 

Which leads me to Slugs & Bugs (& Lullabies)...  
Some of the songs are as offbeat as my precious baby girl, with all the nutrition of a *VeggieTale®. 

They're to be thanked for this alternate God Made Me song 

(which is lodged in my brain...and isn't that the whole point afterall?):

Search This Blog