Starbucks Sunday

Fresh Pressed Coffee

Clay took me to Starbucks for coffee on Sunday. While I was there, I picked up a French press (finally).
I love the coffee that comes from a press. I have given them to others as gifts...but I always held out splurging on myself for some yet to be declared occasion. Spontaneously, Sunday became that day. 

 I always brew way too much coffee in the mornings and even when I recycle the leftovers into a pitcher of cold coffee in the fridge, I run out of room in the pitcher after a day or two. I have also used leftover coffee to make ice for my iced coffees but again, only so much ice fits in the tray and I'm always sadly pouring out coffee that couldn't find a home... 

I used to have a nice Cuisinart KCup & Hot Water Machine (not the official name) to assist in a cup by cup brewing method,  but moving always breaks stuff... usually the good stuff. And this last move was no exception. The Cuisinart was dropped by a well meaning helper-child and leaked un-repairably ever after. 

I chose a small press. It fills my favorite mug exactly twice and my "on-the-go" travel cup enough to get me up the road and to the next coffee pot. 
( I am thinking especially of Saturday mornings en route to UpWards :) 

I waited until this morning to try it out- because I wanted to replace the bulky coffee pot with a simple hot water kettle- but didn't make it to the store and couldn't wait to try it any longer. 

The splurge was a good one. 

(On Monday, I found a basic Mr. Coffee KCup machine at Barnabas' New To You for ten bucks... yep, I bought that, too.) 







Search This Blog