Sweet Potato Bread

The Big Kids had a science project requiring 5 Baby Food Jars (for planting seeds in various conditions). I bought baby food that I knew I could incorporate into our meals and snacking (Bananas make a nice stir in for yogurt, etc) I chose sweet potatoes with a mind towards making bread. This is the recipe I grabbed quick-like off the internet to follow: 

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1-1/2 cups sweet potato puree
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla

Bake @ 350 Degrees for 60-75 minutes or until "Clean Toothpick Prick" 


I made two substitutions. I halved the sugar between brown & white, using 1/2 c of each. And I used coconut oil in place of canola (because I didn't have canola, I did have coconut) 

Pictures of the process: 





Whatever I bake, I always try to pour/spread a little butter on top while warm.



I would normally share the first loaf and keep the second, but most of our neighbors were away when I made this, so we had two loaves to take us through the week. 

This afforded me the luxury of two toasted slices with my coffee every morning until we ran out. 


Search This Blog