Mommy & Me Art

One of Riley's favorite questions is "Will you________ with me?"

Whatever it is she is doing, she likes to have a friend join in- usually-and most almost all of the time, that friend is me. 

For this I am grateful. 
It is nice to needed in such a way. 
I plan to enjoy it while it lasts. 

On this particular day -a while back now, but it could have been any day, given her chosen activity- Riley wanted me to paint with her. Riley asks to paint every single day. 


Rye determining which shade to tint her mostly murky colored painting. 

Of course I joined her. (I LOVE painting too!)
I came up with a few clouds. Perhaps that is the ocean underneath...I'll never know how it turned out, this was as far as I got before she claimed it and began to add her own touches. 

We were low on paper for painting, so I pulled out a stack of paper sacks. 
Some of my brown bag masterpieces:


When I painted this rainbow, I thought Riley would love it- and she did. However she offered a critique:
"All it needs is some love and sunshine"

So I kept painting...

I then painted her a sandcastle and a beach ball... I was feeling kind of proud of my little painting... which meant I was doomed... what with pride always preceding a tumble: 

Search This Blog