...on Tardiness

The Best Part of Today?

The church bit didn't work out this morning because...lateness.
After we gave up trying to win "CLUE: The Late To Church Edition"  --you know, that impossible mystery game where you try to pin down exactly who used up the last five minutes before "LATE" and how:
"It was mom, in the kitchen, with a coffee cup"
"No, it was little brother, in front of the mirror, with a cowlick"
the day turned enjoyable and, as a bonus, the promised rain held off until sunset.
Sometimes plans change. I find that the sooner I adjust my landing gear accordingly, the smoother the day glides past...or in shorthand: I have to remember to just roll with it.
So, I shelved my Clue theories (even though they WERE the most accurate) and shed my shoes.
A walk on the beach together as one big motley crew and greeting passers-by with a smile and a wave served up our dose of Sunday community... a white pizza at Sandy Bottom's was the closest we came to breaking bread...car windows dropped to invite the breeze as we circled our little town with appreciation... Maybe not ideal, but real...it's own sort of sabbath for our souls.

Search This Blog