bachelor pad

I was away for two nights.
Hopping in the shower upon my return, I noticed the hand soap in our shower stall.
I wrapped a towel around myself and poked my head into the bedroom where he was reclined.
"Tell me you didn't resort to this."
I held up the  pump of Pink Himalayan hand soap.
"I did." he said. "I couldn't find the shampoo."
I pulled the shampoo from hiding in clear sight.
"Oh" his reply followed me back to the shower.

I sloughed away the weary miles and considered the differences between us gals and guys that some deny exist.  I pondered marital roles. I felt slightly more valuable, for this moment at least, to this man  now reunited with his shampoo.

I breathed a prayer of gratitude that I have  married a man who at least takes a shower when I am not around.

Blessings abound... if you know where to look.

Search This Blog