Biting

You cannot bring yourself to say “My imagination took off when that guy complemented your eyes.”




Instead you say “You’d have to have his brain injury to be interested in you.” 




“I’m sorry, I was wrong” is just something you can’t do.



In my early childcare days, my favorite little boy to teach would toddle up and bite the back of my leg to let me know he wanted to be picked up.  


And it worked. 


I swooped him up every time.  


He loved to be high in my arms, zoom around like an airplane and just be held close.   


Should I find, some twenty years later, that Christopher is still biting people to get their attention, it would no doubt be as a news feature or column in the police blotter. 


Christopher is not a cat, he should have outgrown biting and there are at least three of four better ways to initiate conversation that I am aware of. 

Perhaps it is the way you learned to be picked up, held close, but it is time to stop biting me now.



You are not a cat.



Don’t remain a toddler. 

Search This Blog