Secret Life: An Introduction

Two decades should be long enough to know someone, at least a little bit.

Two decades should qualify as long-suffering enough, too.



I am not sure if I’ve ‘run a good race’ or ‘fought a good fight’

I only know I am tired of running and fighting.



A finish line - one drawn in shifting sands- has been crossed.

There are no winners here.



Dim hope; miraculous restoration.

Of course, but oh-so-very dim.



We tried it already, I went all in.

You call it your biggest mistake, I’m not sure it will stick again.



Remember that post-it note analogy?

That was a fair and accurate warning.



For a long, long time - too long, my dear-  I’ve been living by this law you wrote:

Prove me wrong, or I’m right.



Withheld pearls makes for suspicious swine.

But I am trampled every time.



“You live a secret, double life.

You’re a fraud.

 No longer my wife.”



As you wish.



Today, I repent my my intentional duplicity, lay down my brush for silver lining .

You be you, no gloss added.



The windows and doors are open, I’ll not close them.

It is far too nice out there.










Search This Blog