Toy Store

The toy store looked like a cuckoo clock from the outside and from the narrow doorway, as we entered single-file, it appeared we had found Gepetto’s workshop. 

Brightly colored wooden letters, puppets on strings and puppets on springs gave the impression that the tiny cottage overflowed with hand crafted novelties, but we saw soon enough that all manner of fun diversions made up the walls of the place. There were toys from other countries, wind up toys, trendy toys and toys from days gone by. 

I have always been in love with toys. 

I visited each bustling room and lingered over all of the toys left out to try. 

I was trying to remember how to start Jacob’s Ladder when I heard an exclamation and saw that I was being stabbed in the heart with a knife. 

It didn’t hurt, it was just a plastic, blade-retracting toy knife. 

And my husband was just playing, after all. 

Wasn’t he? 

Search This Blog