Homesick



She said "I'm a little homesick"

I asked her what she was missing the most.

"Those big pretzels and cheese dip"

Ah, the pretzels as big as one's head from Bierhouse.

The online inquiry for local German/Euro restaurants returned three results.

One did not have pretzels.

One was already closed.

The last one was the restaurant where her father and I had gone on our first date.

Of course.

So, we got pretzels.

She was comforted.

And we left with a few new friends.

But the defining moment may have been when, after the clamor associated with being seated subsided, came playing softly through the speakers:

"Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should have, Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could have...Little things I should have said and done, I just never took the time...You were always on my mind...you were always on my mind..."



Ha.








Search This Blog