Summary of a good Summer Saturday

This week, my youngest child is with her Nanny (the goat is silent).



I only said that because it is a funny play on words ~ and funny.



I have no feelings of ill-will against her father.



I also have no choice in this whole visitation arrangement per the state of Georgia.

So I have chosen to embrace the positive notes in this otherwise tone-deaf arrangement.



Before the divorce, I never had this much help with the children.

I couldn't be gone for an hour without the phone ringing, wanting to know how much longer I planned to be gone. It was understood that if I left the house, the girls and possibly 3/4 of the crew were to ride along, too. Especially during football and golf season.



Now a court has ordered the father of my children to take responsibility for entire weekends at a time so that I may finally attend to my writing.  I've been given a whole new blank book, this time, to write  myself as I truly am.



Today, it was the simple enjoyment of sleeping in, writing over coffee and surrounded by my favorite books that formed a line.



<< more stuff here >>



Venturing out into the rain to take care of a friend's dog and planning for my job in the fall.



...I might just make it after all...














Search This Blog