Sweet Baby Jesus Tea

:: Five Minute Lines ::



Overheard today (paraphrased & generalized) :




"


Thank you Jesus that I am not like them... 


those poor souls trapped by cigarettes and wine. 





You didn't make me like them. 


I never developed a taste for the vile and addictive. 





I pretended to be like them for a few seconds, it was a joke. 


Everybody got it. 


Me - so much like You, Lord. The ground around me so holy.


Of course I wouldn't be like one of them, directly under Your looming steeple. 





That's what made it funny, see? 


Bwahahahaha 





Please, pass me the tea...


Unsweet?! Are you crazy? 





My doctor told me I needed to cut back.


I told him people would die if so. 





It's the one thing I just will not give up. 


I've given up so much already.





Thank you, sweet baby Jesus. 





"






Search This Blog