Kate's Writing Challenge #1





I had purposed to use some of this quarantine time to do that which I love to do: write & create.

I believe those of us whose souls soar on creativity all heard the same call. And so, by the time I saw that Kate was sharing her light with reader and writer friends online, I had already begun. But it is the sharing of encouragement and the motivation of creative friends all around me that have kept me keeping on.






  • Week 1 for Kate's Quarantine Camp: Write one page a day (fellow ArtistWay alum? Could be.) 

  • Write a letter to someone, real or imagined. 



My Letter To Mr. Rogers: 





Dear Mr. Rogers, 


Thank you for sitting with me when Momma had chores to do. Thank you for explaining things - even very basic things - instead of assuming I knew. You saved me from having to ask aloud, which was sometimes a hard thing to do.  Thank you for never pulling mean pranks or going for a low-hanging laugh. You were never a coarse friend, or bully. Thank you for not being too big to play and imagine, for granting me permission to do the same. Thank you for tiny little joyful things, like Trolley's bell and Daniel Strip-ed Tiger's teeny-tiny watch. Thank you for the stability of routine: feeding fish and changing shoes, for showing me there's no rush and things are worth doing well. Thank you for surprising things, like songs that don't always rhyme,  my poems do not either. Thank you for showing me how stuff works, and how a man gets turned into The Hulk. You live in a world of miniature houses, friendly neighbors and imagination come to life! Thank you for allowing myself to be me and for just your being you. 





With Abiding Admiration, 


~Kelly



I've been watching old episodes and I really loved this scene from the closing of one of his shows:
















My one page entry will be posted on its own page. (HERE) 




*This entry was post-dated 







Search This Blog