Kate's Writing Challenge #3







This week's task was to write 5 sentences then leave them alone (til they come back home...to roost in my brain with stories that won't be denied)  


This is another activity reminiscent of all that I learned in #TheArtistWay but only practice sporadically.  I have come to think of these little fragments as 'ThoughtStrings" and keep a folder for them on my phone, too. 


I wrote more than 5, but I think its okay. 





Five Sentences For Kate: (+ 2 for me) 




  1. The unexpected  arrives on an ordinary day, one just like all the days before it.

  2. Dear Eve, the lowhanging fruit is always bitter. 

  3. Her walls went up, invisible but fully electrified by the tripwire of his careless words. 

  4. Nunjas deflect temptation by habit, using nunchucks to keep their suitors away. 

  5. Along the way, you choose more carefully because hindsight is ever before you. 

  6. LutherAnn half expected to turn into a pillar of salt as she thumbed through the old scrapbook one last time before throwing it away; the trash would be picked up tomorrow morning. 

  7. Heaven is this simple declaration: 'We will all be friends.' 







Search This Blog