Kate's Writing Challenge #4






This week, Kate reminded us that keeping everything in one notebook is smart and keeping that notebook with us all the time is even smarter. I try to do this, though I tend to want a fresh notebook for each set of thoughts. For this challenge, I chose a notebook with only a few entries from a year or four before and decided I would just use it all 'willy-nilly' til full.



In the spirit of 'I always enjoy writing when I get back into the practice of it' - I now share some of the writing that was already in the notebook chose. I wish there were dates, but it seems safe to say I was still married... or mostly.



'Some men want an impossible thing:

A woman whose beauty makes him

the envy of everyone he meets

And also, a woman, the very same woman,

that no one else can see.'

~~~



---

I still exist, beating heart, daily breath

the rest of me invisible

~

I seek the sun, its warmth

and cheer

~

I am complimented on my eyes.

he says this makes me a hoar,

~

I didn't solicit strangers' kindness,

It's the sunshine they're drawn to, not me

~

Gratitude makes every life better-

Even his, if he would allow himself to see.

---










Search This Blog