Trampled


“Reader, you must know that an interesting fate (sometimes involving rats, sometimes not) awaits almost everyone, mouse or man, who does not conform.” 
― Kate DiCamillo, Despereaux


 'It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.' P. G. Wodehouse


On Tuesday, I will apologize. 
To the sort of people who demand apologies and invite the press. 
I will apologize for being too Public School for their Christian School sensibilities.
And I will do it because... I've learned to walk away. 

I will say the words they want to hear - cry "Uncle!"  to bring them cheer.
As they smile with smug delight, I'm walking away and I'll be alright. 

"Look what we made you do! We finally got the best of you. " 

Truth is, they already had the best of me, but I ? 
I was chunking pearls at swine. 
** Special thanks to the mid-90's-Newsboys for imprinting this secret recipe for strength and dignity into the wet cement of my soul: "...He left His rights... will you leave yours? You won't understand it, let it go." **
'#doubleChristmas Pearls' 

'Trampled pearls' 

No worries... students will receive Mercy (and more) as STEAM becomes Storytime 

Search This Blog