Like Scrooge on Christmas Day


I've wept with ghosts of Christmases past. But, oh! We've laughed as we reminisced, too. 

I've soaked up the joy of this Christmas present: having my children present. 

I've been haunted by the darkened rooms of Christmases  yet to come. 

But this little light, born unto us, is mine - and yours as well. 

Darkness can't put it out. 
In fact, the dark helps us to find it. 

***

As we watched old family videos, through laughter and gentle tears, I realized that almost everything I've ever photographed or recorded has really just been me, telling a story about how grateful I am for this life. 

Back when I put this video together, I wanted my children to know they are deeply loved - by me and their Creator. That they would learn how to multiply that love and spend it lavishly on others, like Scrooge on Christmas Day. 

That desire has only deepened with time. 

Further up, further in and farther along...

Merry Christmas from me and the Fantastic BrewCrew 4! 

Search This Blog